Re: [Nmh-workers] Another questionable piece of code

From: Jon Steinhart
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] Another questionable piece of code
Date: Tue, 17 May 2005 19:24:05 -0700

> Jon Steinhart <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > There's a pretty strange function called context_foil().  In all
> > but two of the places where it is called it is called with a NULL
> > argument so it does nothing except set the globals defpath and
> > context to "/dev/null", and none of these calling programs ever
> > reference these globals.
>

> Jeffrey C Honig <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> But other files in sbr do.  This function appears to cause the
> .mh_profile and context file to be ignored by some functions.  Unless
> MHCONTEXT and/or MH are set in the environment.
>
> In post.c, if LIBSW is passed, a dummy context is set up with just a
>
> > So it seems to me that these calls are bogus and can be removed.

Um, first I see no relation between context_foil() and the MHCONTEXT and
MH environment variables.

And I was asking about was the cases where it is called with a NULL
argument and sets defpath and context.  You're bringing up one of the
few cases where it is called with a non-NULL argument so that's not what
I was asking about.

Jon