Re: [Nmh-workers] gnu arch revision control system

From: mlh
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] gnu arch revision control system
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2004 09:54:10 +1000

On Tue, Sep 21, 2004 at 01:54:08PM -0400, Ken Hornstein wrote:
> >Has anyone had a look at the gnu-arch revision control
> >system?
> >
> >It's highly distributed nature makes it ideal for the style
> >of development that nmh has.
> >
> >Have a look at http://wiki.gnuarch.org/
>
> It seems interesting ... but I guess I don't see any compelling reason
> to switch, personally.  I mean, I may be a slacker, but my turnaround time
> for adding a new developer to savannah is usually pretty good.

I didn't mean to accuse anyone of slacking! :-)
Fact is though, no-one gets paid to maintain nmh and
dropouts in activity have occurred, and sometimes that
out of your control anyway (gnu.org break-in)

With arch, everyone can keep hacking/commmiting/branching/
merging with each other and then merge in the 'main' repository
at some later time.  That's just the difference between
centralised and decentralised.

> >Matt
> >ps. i sent a another version of this mail but it's being
> >held waiting for moderator approval  .. sigh.
>
> Dealing with messages held in the moderator queue is way down on my list
> of priorities.

Again, sorry for the apparent criticism!  It was my problem;
zip changed to zipworld and I have to be careful my mail
goes out with the correct from.

Matt