nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] RFC: proposal to add a tools menu, to group things that

From: Brand Huntsman
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] RFC: proposal to add a tools menu, to group things that don't fit elsewhere
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2019 16:15:30 -0700

On Tue, 22 Jan 2019 17:23:45 +0100
Benno Schulenberg <address@hidden> wrote:

> be better if there were a special Tools menu that contained things

Would the functions still be bindable in the main menu or now always require
the tools menu to be opened first? It is a good idea if they can still be bound
in main.

>   ^T^T  Spell checker

Users must relearn the key, it would better in the long run to use ^T^S.

> And maybe also (because related to ^T^P):
>
>   ^T^R  Replace

Replace is most likely used far more than all those other functions combined
and should remain in the main menu. So I'm assuming you meant ^T^I for Insert
since it is the one related to piping. And then Replace could be moved from M-R
to ^R.

Execute could even be removed from Insert and become accessible as ^T^X.