nano-devel

[Nano-devel] softwrap without breaking words

From: Benno Schulenberg
Subject: [Nano-devel] softwrap without breaking words
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2014 22:32:56 +0200

Hi all,

We have another request for a softwrap that breaks lines only
on whitespace.  See this message on nano-help:

https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-nano/2014-08/msg00000.html

Just now I've tried Mark's patch that adds this feauture:

https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/nano-devel/2014-07/msg00023.html

It works.  But... when the softwrapped line gets several screen lines long,
the delay between typing a key and the letter appearing on the screen
becomes noticeable for me.  So I don't think this patch will make nano
usable to write entire free-flowing paragraphs, as the poster would like,
but for lines that span just a couple of screen lines it will work fine.

So... any objections against this patch going in?   Thoughts?  Comments?

Benno