myexperiment-discuss

Re: [Myexperiment-discuss] Assistance in Usability Evaluation

From: Ross Gardler
Subject: Re: [Myexperiment-discuss] Assistance in Usability Evaluation
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2011 11:33:08 +0000

I thought it would be useful to let this community know the status of
our work on the below mentioned widgets.

We've hit a number of problems relating to the feature set of the API
with respect to what we could implement in this short project. For
example, there are no API methods for editing existing content.

Our widgets are, in the main either read only or a simulation of
editing (i.e. we provide the UI but it does not fully interact with
the MyExperiment back end).

Since the main outputs of the JISC funded project is a templating
framework for building common widgets (browse/search/edit etc.) we
have not yet reported the issues we have faced to this community. Our
efforts have been focussed on the creation of the widget templates
rather than fully functional MyExperiment widgets.

That being said all the widgets are open source (Apache License V2).
If the MyExperiment community sees any value in the widgets we have
created, which can be hosted as mobile applications or within other
environments, such as Moodle, Drupal, Wordpress etc. we would be happy
to work with you on making them usable.

It would be great if at least one member of this community could
participate in the testing so that any future potential for these
widgets can be evaluated.

Thanks,
Ross

OpenDirective http://opendirective.com