myexperiment-discuss

[Myexperiment-discuss] Assistance in Usability Evaluation

From: Ross Gardler
Subject: [Myexperiment-discuss] Assistance in Usability Evaluation
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2011 11:23:32 +0000

Dear MyExperiment Users and Developers,
OSS Watch are running a JISC project involving creating a mobile
widget-based interface to the MyExperiment web site. As users of the
site we would greatly value your opinions on the work we have done.
The ‘Rave in Context’ project has been funded by JISC to develop a set
of software ‘widgets’ to enable researchers to use mobile devices –
primarily smartphones and tablets – to access myExperiment.
myExperiment is a web-based environment in which researchers can share
their research objects and form communities with people engaged
insimilar work. We are running a usability lab to evaluate the widgets
on Tuesday 29th November and would be very pleased if you could take
part.
The aspects of the software that are testing are very simple: you
don’t have to be familiar with virtual research  environments as you
will be mainly browsing and searching for items of information, and
doing activities that will be easily recognisable from any social
networking application. The activities should take ~30 minutes.

The usability lab will be held in the Kennet room at OUCS on 13
Banbury Road, Oxford. It will be open from 10am to 4pm on Tuesday 29th
November.
If you are available to take part, please send an email to
address@hidden indicating one (preferably two) times during the
day when you can attend. This is to ensure that each participant can
receive due attention from the project team.
Thank you – and we look forward to hearing from you.
--
Ross Gardler (@rgardler)
Programme Leader (Open Development)