myexperiment-discuss

Re: [Myexperiment-discuss] Scientists sharing data

From: Paolo Missier
Subject: Re: [Myexperiment-discuss] Scientists sharing data
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2009 10:47:24 +0100

Robert, thank you for sharing the article with us but I haven't got a subscription either :-) this would be good material for my upcoming talk at ESIP on sharing/provenance etc., so hoe do we get it?

cheers, -Paolo

Robert Stevens wrote:
I had my attention drawn to an article about the difficulties of getting scientists to share data:
S. Wiley, "Why don't we share data?" The Scientist, 23(4):33, April 2009.
http://www.the-scientist.com/article/display/55535/

(culled from the original emila....)
a response suggests that, instead of central repositories, should just post their results on their own blog or lab website, and let the most significant results rise to the top, thus defining the standard (see "Why we don't share" on this page):

http://www.the-scientist.com/2009/06/1/14/1/

robert.