myexperiment-discuss

Re: [Myexperiment-discuss] New user data: how?

From: Linde, A.E.
Subject: Re: [Myexperiment-discuss] New user data: how?
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2009 10:52:48 +0000

I’ve certainly argued for some time that myExperiment might implement its tabs (Workflows, Files, Packs) as plugin architecture so that it might be extended by those who want to use myExperiment in other domains.

If, however, by plugins you meant something else, can you expand on this and indicate how it is or might be implemented in myExperiment?

By ‘procedural’ I was referring more to some sort of subversion and/or db:migrate process that would allow a parallel set of database changes to be kept in sync with the core ones. But any other procedural solution would be fine.

As for the extra fields, key/value pairs is fine.

The Spacebook extension to myExperiment that I’m working on does in fact implement a triplestore as the means of storing its annotations but I found it too difficult to integrate that with the existing codebase so it is all implemented external to myExperiment with additions being made by _javascript_. If triplestore access could be easily integrated with myExperiment, I’d be intersted in looking into it.

Cheers,
Tony.