myexperiment-discuss

Re: [Myexperiment-discuss] Upload any type of Workflow you want...

From: Gernot Stocker
Subject: Re: [Myexperiment-discuss] Upload any type of Workflow you want...
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2008 12:09:47 +0100

Hi Jiten,

On Monday 27 October 2008, Jiten Bhagat wrote:

> > First, is it allowed to exchange also iLAP protocols via myExperiment?
>>
> Absolutely! You can now upload *any* file to myExperiment under the
> "workflows" tab. So you can upload your iLAP protocols onto myExperiment
> now.

This is good news!

> When you go to the workflow upload page select "Enter custom metadata"
> in step 2.
> [...]
This sounds great and is exactly what we need!

> For "extended support" for your own workflow type please see comments
> below...
In the course of the emails on the list a separate discussion has started with
Will Moore from the OME team about defining a draft for a commonly usable
exchange format for experiment protocols. So far we try to elaborate a basic
consens and we will come back for a broader discussion.

> [...]
> If you are interested in doing this please contact me offline and we'll
> be glad to assist you :-)

The possibilities for myExperiment integration sound very cool and we will
contact you as soon as we make progress in this direction.

Cheers,
   Gernot
--
Gernot Stocker,
Institute for Genomics and Bioinformatics(IGB)