moz-bonobo-list

Re: [moz-bonobo-list] a new mozbonobo plugin

From: Jean Bréfort
Subject: Re: [moz-bonobo-list] a new mozbonobo plugin
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2003 10:41:59 +0200

Luca Padovani wrote:

Now the other question arises naturally: is it possible to
"access" mozilla from the plugin? For instance, is there any way to make
mozilla load a new page when, say, you click in the plugin on something
that is, or should behavs like, a link? This is a very common situation
in MathML, SVG or even PDF documents.

This is a very interesting question. The answer should be yes of course but it will need some new code in mozilla-bonobo, I suppose.
If nobody else writes that, I'll do it when I'll be back home (september).

This is not a problem specific to mozilla-bonobo. It is much more general. The problem is that if you have MathML code in the (X)HTML document, how can you force Mozilla to use a plugin instead of its native support?

I thought there was some way to embed raw CDATA into an HTML page (like
in an attribute, or an actual CDATA section) and then to feed the plugin
with that data, instead of retrieving it from an external resource.

Here is the sample taken from the HTML 4.01 recommendation:

<P>
<OBJECT id="clock1"
       classid="clsid:663C8FEF-1EF9-11CF-A3DB-080036F12502"
       data="data:application/x-oleobject;base64, /...base64 data.../">
   A clock.
</OBJECT>
However, I could not make anything analog work with mozilla and mozilla-bonobo.

Best regards,

Jean Bréfort