Re: [Monotone-devel] date selectors using local time for comparison (Ste

From: Stephen Leake
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] date selectors using local time for comparison (Stephen Leake)
Date: Tue, 09 Oct 2012 17:13:09 -0400

Richard Hopkins <address@hidden> writes:

>> Hm. The tests must set some env variable so all times are UTC; that
>> would be required for consistency, with testers in several time
>> zones. But we should have at least one test that sets a different
>> time zone, to test stuff like this.
>>
> Agree. Any ideas how we would do that?

In my bash shell, there's an environment variable TZ, set to
"America/New York". I assume that controls the time zone.

I just grepped for TZ in monotone/test/; this one looks promising:

./src/testlib.lua:912:  set_env("TZ", "UTC")

and this:

./func/date_formatting/__driver__.lua:17:      set_env("TZ", tz)

(There were a _lot_ of false grep hits on TZ occuring in mtn packet data!)

Searching at ask.com for "TZ environment variable" turned up this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_tz_zones_by_name

--
-- Stephe