[Monotone-devel] Contradiction in Makefile.am

From: Richard Levitte
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Contradiction in Makefile.am
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2011 07:42:55 +0100 (CET)

I just had a closer look at the NLS support in Makefile.am, and I'm
finding this (dist-nls used to be dist-local until that one needed
expanding):

CLEAN_POFILES := $(ALL_GMOFILES) \
                 $(addprefix po/,$(addsuffix .merged.po, $(ALL_LINGUAS))) \
                 po/$(PACKAGE).pot
dist-nls: $(ALL_GMOFILES)
        cp $(ALL_GMOFILES) $(distdir)/po

Now, I don't know about you, but to me, it seems contradictory to have
the .gmo files be part of the distribution, but then have them wiped
with 'make clean'.

So, how shall we have it?  What's the reason for .gmo files to be part
of the source distribution?  Or, if they really should be (I'm sure
there is a good justification), why are they part of things to be
cleaned with 'make clean'???

Cheers,
Richard

P.S. I noticed this because dpkg-buildpackage complained about those
files disappearing compared to the distributed tarball.

                                        http://richard.levitte.org/