[Monotone-devel] Soon time for a release

From: Richard Levitte
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Soon time for a release
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2011 15:27:00 +0100 (CET)

Hey there,

Some time furign the winter (when we realised a Christmas release
would be impossible), we said that we would release monotone v1.0
withing Q1 2011.  Q1 ends in a little more than a month (*), so it
might be time to wrap it up a bit.

The things I see left to do is this:

1. have a look at the open issues, try to classify the issues in
   milestones they should go into or simply fix them if it seems
   appropriate.
2. go through the contrib/ directory and see what can and should be
   moved to somewhere in extra/, be moved somewhere else (the wiki
   on a 'tricks and tips' or 'contributed stuff'?), or tossed.
   If you want to toss something, please talk with the original author
   first.
3. at some point, we will create a separate branch for v1.0, probably
   named like the others, i.e. net.venge.monotone.monotone-1.0, and
   have that be frozen for changes except for serious bugs.
4. general check that it works on as many systems as possible.

Did I forget something?  Please add to the list.

Cheers,
Richard

-----
(*) and please, let's not release it on April 1st...  ;-)

                                        http://richard.levitte.org/