[Monotone-devel] mtn automation interface

From: Thomas Keller
Subject: [Monotone-devel] mtn automation interface
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2010 14:45:19 +0100

Am 24.11.2010 13:53, schrieb CooSoft Support:
> Sorry for the delay. I have been in bed with the Flu :-(. I have taken
> the liberty of moving the ticket into wont-fix to save any more time
> being wasted on it.
>
> Many thanks for your feedback...

No problem, you're welcome!

> On another note I was in the process of updating Monotone::AutomateStdio
> to the new features of 0.99.1. Are there any other au commands scheduled
> for 1.00 that weren't included in 0.99.1 that I should know about :-)?

No, actually I'll block new "features" for 1.0 there. 0.99 is supposed
to be a preview release and 1.0 should (ideally) only contain bug fixes.
(Ideally, because Stephe checked in some non-critical changes to
userland conflicts command which improve the UI there, but thats the
farest anybody can get with me for 1.0.)

> Also there is something that I have been meaning to ask about selector
> functions WRT mtn-browse. In mtn-browse I provide a drop down of all
> selectors that can be used and also describe/prompt for their arguments.
> I vaguely remember reading somewhere that new selector functions could
> easily be defined and used (presumably in LUA). Is it the case that a
> user could have their own selector functions? If so how could I get a
> list of these functions from the command line or config file? If it's
> the case that they are built into mtn like the single letter selectors
> then that's fine I'll just hardwire it like before.

They are just hard-wired as before. Doing more complex things via Lua
would make selectors just too slow to be useful.

Thomas.