[Monotone-devel] bash completion

From: Thomas Keller
Subject: [Monotone-devel] bash completion
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2010 00:22:36 +0100

Hi Richard!

The bash completion script in 1b315e96fc1f933325d5fb9942aef563a683467c
is really awesome and I wonder if we could make it just a bit simpler to
use?

I.e. what about adding a separate Makefile target for it and placing the
other (replaceable) contents into completion/, e.g. as
completion/monotone.bash_completion-template together with the script to
create it? And once the file is properly compiled, one could even check
the existance of `/etc/bash_completion.d` and copy the final file there
on success.

The "downside" of this is of course that the non-dynamic parts of the
completion script then could be determined to have some kind of "first
level support" once we install them by default... (we're already have
the old version in the tarball, right?)

Thomas.