[Monotone-devel] Build failure on MacOS X

From: William Uther
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Build failure on MacOS X
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 17:09:08 +1100

Hi all,

I notice that the current head fails to build the documentation on MacOS X if you're using the fink package manager for your dependencies. The problem is that the fink package manager has an ancient version of gettext (0.14) and its version of xgettext doesn't handle the '--package-name' option. The error is below.

I don't know when they'll get around to using a current version of gettext. I'm currently trying to use the updated packages described here:

but that might not be an option for everyone (and I don't know if it works yet). It seems that the MacPorts packaging system has a newer version of gettext that works, so that might also be an option for some.

Be well,

Will       :-}

/sw/bin/xgettext -omonotone.pot -D. -cTRANSLATORS: \
 --package-name=monotone --package-version=0.43dev \
 --copyright-holder='Graydon Hoare <address@hidden>' \
 --msgid-bugs-address='address@hidden' \
--keyword=F --keyword=FP:1,2 --keyword=_ --keyword=N_ --flag=F:1:c- format --flag=FP:1:c-format --flag=FP:2:c-format \
 sanity.cc
[snip]
 monotone.cc std_hooks.lua
/sw/bin/xgettext: unrecognized option `--package-name=monotone'