Re: [Monotone-devel] more .stripped work - please test installation & tr

From: Thomas Keller
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] more .stripped work - please test installation & translation workflow
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 10:24:09 +0100

Zack Weinberg schrieb:
> I was going to mess with libasio today, but instead, on .stripped I
> tore out the awful, awful autoconf macros provided by the gettext
> developers and substituted custom logic.  This has several nice
> consequences:  the makefile is no longer at all recursive, we don't
> need horrible hacks to stop the po subdirectory Makefile from stomping
> on translations, the configure script no longer does a whole pile of
> unnecessary tests, and I think detection of libintl and libiconv may
> now actually be *correct* rather than mostly wrong.
>
> However, as ever when one messes with the Makefile, I may have broken
> something.  I'm particularly concerned about installation (it
> *appears* to put the .mo files in the right place, but ...) and the
> translation workflow, with which I am not very familiar.  Please test.

Yes, unfortunately you seem to have broken it ;)

The usual (German) translator workflow is

$ make monotone.pot-update && make de.po-update

but the first one already fails because of the dropped POTFILES.in:

make: *** No rule to make target `POTFILES.in', needed by `Makefile'.  Stop.

This one now gets autogenerated, right?

Thomas.