Re: [Monotone-devel] more .stripped work - please test installation & tr

From: Zack Weinberg
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] more .stripped work - please test installation & translation workflow
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 08:49:21 -0800

On Tue, Jan 27, 2009 at 1:24 AM, Thomas Keller <address@hidden> wrote:
> Zack Weinberg schrieb:
>> However, as ever when one messes with the Makefile, I may have broken
>> something.  I'm particularly concerned about installation (it
>> *appears* to put the .mo files in the right place, but ...) and the
>> translation workflow, with which I am not very familiar.  Please test.
>
> Yes, unfortunately you seem to have broken it ;)
>
> The usual (German) translator workflow is
>
> $ make monotone.pot-update && make de.po-update
>
> but the first one already fails because of the dropped POTFILES.in:
>
> make: *** No rule to make target `POTFILES.in', needed by `Makefile'.  Stop.
>
> This one now gets autogenerated, right?

Replaced with a big list in the Makefile.  I think that error means
you need to erase your build directory, re-run autoreconf -i in the
source directory, and reconfigure.

Also, "monotone.pot-update" is now spelled just "monotone.pot" and you
can skip straight to "make de.po-update" if you want.  Or "make
de.merged.po" will drop an updated .po file in the build directory so
you can compare it with the old one.  I probably should have said all
this in my original post.

zw