Re: [Monotone-devel] case insensitive file names

From: Thomas Keller
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] case insensitive file names
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2008 14:56:04 +0200

Stephen Leake schrieb:
My actual use case was this: if I have a workspace that is nominally
at the head of branch 'main', and I start messing around, then realize
I really should be working on branch 'experimental', I want to do:

mtn "just switch to experimental, and don't bother me!"

which is approximated by:

mtn ls --missing > files_i_deleted.log

mtn revert --missing

mtn update --branch experimental

some_painful_shell_script.sh files_i_deleted.log

I'd rather just do 'mtn update --branch experimental' :).

I think I've already read the request from several other people to have a global / project local rcfile which includes default options to the user's likings - and I guess this should be fairly easy to implement as well. We'd only have to call into some lua hook "expand_command(cmd, opts, args)" f.e. right after read_options() in monotone.cc:232, in which everybody can add / change his or her favourite options.

(afaik mtn already looks for _MTN/monotonerc, correct?)

Thomas.