Re: [Monotone-devel] Monotone upgrade policy for the SQLite copy?

From: Ralf S. Engelschall
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Monotone upgrade policy for the SQLite copy?
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 18:41:48 +0200

On Mon, Jun 09, 2008, Zack Weinberg wrote:

> On Sat, Jun 7, 2008 at 2:19 PM, Ralf S. Engelschall
> <address@hidden> wrote:

> [...]
> > As mentioned already a few weeks ago, both upgrades pass
> > "make check", but I had to disable two little commands in
> > tests/fail_cleanly_on_unreadable_db/__driver__.lua because of SQLite
> > 3.5's different OS abstraction layer.
>
> I did look at this change, and I'd like to understand why those
> commands fail under those circumstances.  I don't immediately see why
> those two commands should fail and not the other ones in that block.

Yes, the actual _reason_ why just those two commands fail I don't know
myself until now. But it seems to be related to the fact SQLite changed
its OS abstraction layer as this is the major change between SQLite 3.4
and 3.5 which can cause a difference here. OTOH for Monotone's SQLite
operations this isn't really a problem IMHO -- except that we would like
to understand the failure, of course.

                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       address@hidden
                                       www.engelschall.com