Re: [Monotone-devel] more on commit without -b option

From: Thomas Keller
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] more on commit without -b option
Date: Tue, 08 Apr 2008 00:02:59 +0200

Richard Levitte schrieb:
In message <address@hidden> on Mon, 07 Apr 2008 23:31:54 +0200, Thomas Keller
<address@hidden> said:

me> I guess the discussion just died off and I was not in the mood to
me> pick the topic up myself and push it further. So if you have a
me> better / working implementation, shoot.

I was thinking that the best would be to pick up nvm.commit_without_-b
and just change what's needed to go along the idea of a separate
commit branch when 'mtn branch' and 'mtn commit' are used.  Would that
be ok with you?

Yes, I very much second this proposal, because it also means very low impact on other commands which rely on a proper "branch" setting in _MTN/options. The only commands which do have to know about a new "commitbranch" option are actually mtn branch, mtn commit and mtn revert (and maybe mtn status to display the setting).

Thomas.