[Top][All Lists]

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [Monotone-devel] unhexification of revision hashes

From: Markus Schiltknecht
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] unhexification of revision hashes
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 23:07:42 +0100
User-agent: Mozilla-Thunderbird (X11/20080109)

Hi Zack,

Zack Weinberg wrote:
Ok, I've read this code over.  I like it, but unfortunately, there are
some blocker issues.

Thanks, great! And amazingly quick!

1) There are a lot of places where you changed strings to hexenc<id>s.
 This makes the substantial changes very hard to find.  I'd actually
like you to have gone further, if possible, and used the DECORATE
types wherever possible (revision_id etc) -- but I think you should
make those changes on mainline as a separate patch.

Hm.. I didn't really realize I was doing that. Was much more like a side effect. I'll check if I can come up with separate patches (branches, that is).

2) On .experiment.encapsulation, selector completion is done totally
differently.  I'm not sure what prefix_matching_constraint() needs to
turn into, but I'm sure it won't work in its present form after .e.e

Aha, I didn't realize that. I need to take a look at .e.e.

I would like to call the pumpkin for landing .experiment.encapsulation
before this or any other branch; I need only another couple days on
it, and it's well past the point where large merges from mainline are
tractable.  Sorry.  This also means, please *don't* do the string ->
foo_id changes until after .e.e lands.

That's fine. I'll try propagating from .e.e to that unhexification branch.

3) Zbigniew's performance issues need to be investigated before merging.




reply via email to

[Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread]