Re: [Monotone-devel] unhexification of revision hashes

From: Markus Schiltknecht
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] unhexification of revision hashes
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 17:15:44 +0100

Hi,

Zack Weinberg wrote:
> 2) On .experiment.encapsulation, selector completion is done totally
> differently.  I'm not sure what prefix_matching_constraint() needs to
> turn into, but I'm sure it won't work in its present form after .e.e
> lands.

Okay, I've just propagated and fixed everything from n.v.m.e.e to that unhexification branch.

For convenience, I've also suspended the other revision, so there's just one un-suspended head now in n.v.m.experiment.db-compaction (44f34ded75a62aceb6eb42b69d3704ede8a69707). All tests succeed on my box again.

The prefix_matching_constraint() function prepares an WHERE clause, which imitates the sqlite'ism named 'GLOB'. Instead of using a clause like

  WHERE id GLOB 'deadbe*'

It now prepares a where clause more similar to:

  WHERE id >= 'deadbe' AND id <= 'deadbf'

In a way, this is a work around for the missing support of GLOBing binary fields in SQLite. On the other hand, I like the above boundary think better, because it's more SQL compliant, IIRC.

Regards

Markus