[Monotone-devel] Connection to server made before key password requested

From: Daniel Atallah
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Connection to server made before key password requested
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2007 00:33:11 -0400

Hi, I've noticed a little usability / efficiency issue.

The password for my key isn't requested until after the connection is
made to the server.

I think this is suboptimal because I need to wait for the connection
before I can enter the password and move on to something else until
the operation is complete.  It also makes the connection need to stay
open longer (especially when I forget to check back to enter my
password after the connection is complete).

I realize that the ssh-agent integration mitigates some of this, but
it seems like if it is known that I'm going to be using a key, it
might be worthwhile to load it before the connection to the server is
made.

-Daniel