Re: [Monotone-devel] mtn switch_branch or similar functionality

From: Thomas Keller
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] mtn switch_branch or similar functionality
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2007 12:37:46 +0200

Daniel THOMPSON schrieb:
I'd like a way to tell monotone that 'next time I commit please use this
branch instead of the branch your current revision comes from'. The
request is based on observing people I work with continually commit to
the 'wrong' branch.

Since I've did a similar fubar on the nvm branch a few weeks ago, I started on this already.

Check the nvm.commit_without_-b branch which implements an "mtn branch" command and removes the "-b" option from commit. The implementation has to be tweaked a little though:

a) set new_branch instead of branch in _MTN/options and let mtn commit honor the former
b) let mtn revert remove new_branch from _MTN/options if it is set there

> Would this command be generally useful?

Yep, absolutely useful!

Thomas.

--