[Monotone-devel] Re: Autobuild scripts for Unix?

From: Bruce Stephens
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Re: Autobuild scripts for Unix?
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2006 14:45:12 +0100

Nathaniel Smith <address@hidden> writes:

[...]

> INSTALL has a little script embedded in it to build boost -- could
> start from that, I guess.

Yes.  Actually it's not nearly as painful as I'd feared.

[...]

> I don't know if anyone's worked out how to get monotone on HP-UX
> parisc -- shouldn't be any dire problems, but might be a bit of a
> hassle.  We'd be happy to take any patches or whatever.  (Psst, if
> you contribute a buildbot, then future changes will continue to work
> on it out of the box...)

Only fairly minor problems (building with gcc-3.4).  There's no
entropy (I seem to remember there's a patch you can get to provide
/dev/random; I'll hassle people here to get it, because we need that
for other purposes).  strsignal doesn't exist.  The non-threaded
version of boost filesystem didn't build for some reason (so I just
linked with the mt version).

So, having disabled the checks that Botan has for entropy, written a
trivial strsignal (that returns "SIG"), I got an mtn that passes all
its tests except for one:

  5 calculation_of_unidiffs                       FAIL (line 26)

Ah, it's trying to use patch to apply it, I guess, so that kind of
failure's not a surprise.  I imagine this mtn is useless for purposes
requiring random numbers (generating keys, in particular), but it's
probably sufficient for my purposes.

But anyway, success!

The only thing I'd recommend is to get rid of the dependency on
strsignal: that's not portable.

[...]