Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: Autobuild scripts for Unix?

From: Zack Weinberg
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: Autobuild scripts for Unix?
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2006 10:13:01 -0700

On 9/27/06, Bruce Stephens <address@hidden> wrote:

The only thing I'd recommend is to get rid of the dependency on
strsignal: that's not portable.

Rrgh.  I thought it was in Unix95, but apparently it's only for glibc
and recent Solaris.  I poked a little at bringing over the
public-domain implementation from gcc's libiberty, but it needs more
work to be usable than I have time for right now. :(

I don't want to give it up - the one place it's used, it would be a
fairly bad UI regression to stop identifying the signal to the user.

zw