[Monotone-devel] Re: cvs import

From: Markus Schiltknecht
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Re: cvs import
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 23:04:13 +0200

Martin Langhoff wrote:
On 9/14/06, Jon Smirl <address@hidden> wrote:
Let's copy the git list too and maybe we can come up with one importer
for everyone.

It's a really good idea. cvsps has been for a while a (limited, buggy)
attempt at that. One thing that bothers me in the cvs2svn algorithm is
that is not stable in its decisions about where the branching point is
-- run the import twice at different times and it may tell you that
the branching point has moved.

Huh? Really? Why is that? I don't see reasons for such a thing happening when studying the algorithm.

For sure the proposed dependency-resolving algorithm which does not rely on timestamps does not have that problem.

Regards

Markus