Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: [RFC] versioned policy -- introduction

From: Zack Weinberg
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: [RFC] versioned policy -- introduction
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2006 11:26:01 -0700

On 9/8/06, Koen Kooi <address@hidden> wrote:
Timothy Brownawell schreef:
> On Fri, 2006-09-08 at 01:05 -0700, Zack Weinberg wrote:
>> Seems like what is really wanted there is a cross-database merge
> er, so monotone would have to learn to work with multiple databases,
> now?

Isn't that called 'netsync'?

What does netsync do if you apply it to two *unrelated* databases?
Right now I'm thinking it'll just make them into the union of each
other, as long as the branch names are disjoint ... which is not what
you want for the import-code-from-upstream scenario.  And will be even
less what you want with policy branches.

zw