Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: Project Management

From: Matthew A. Nicholson
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: Project Management
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 21:46:52 -0500

Graydon Hoare wrote:
Thomas Keller wrote:

Sounds cool. Of course, trac would need monotone support for this to
work and it would have to be maintained as monotone changes and
matures further....

Thomas Moschny is the author of TracMonotone http://www.ipd.uni-karlsruhe.de/~moschny/TracMonotone/

Ah, nice. Well, I'm not really wedded to our existing wiki, BTS, or source viewer. They all accumulated without much direct co-ordination on our webpage because:

  - Someone was willing to set them up (not me)
  - Someone was willing to maintain them (also not me)

So I can't really look at them in a negative light; but if all the people currently maintaining bits and pieces of our co-ordination infrastructure would be happy moving to a trac setup, I would not mind. I'm not sure if njs or others would mind.

Trac does seem pleasant and well-integrated, to me.

-graydon

I set up a system with tracmonotone at work and it is all still a little rough around the edges. This was a few weeks ago so things may have improved some. We may want to wait for tracmonotone and trac to mature a little more, currently only the development branch of trac supports the trackmonotone plugin.

--
Matthew A. Nicholson
matt-land.com