Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: Project Management

From: Thomas Keller
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: Project Management
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 04:20:21 +0200

Graydon Hoare schrieb:
To your objections to the automate interface: do you think it would help for automate commands to have basic_io *and* line-based output formats? Say, selectable with a command-line flag? We could possibly insist that all commands provide both, or maybe even make some sort of output helpers that can format the same data 2 ways.

This would certainly help and give both worlds nothing to complain
about, but it would also put more work on an automation developer since
he has to program two versions for its output. I can only speak for
myself, but I'd be perfectly happy with basic_io only output, since if
commands from this interface are used for anything else (like njs'
command line snippets sometimes) it would be probably useful to
integrate those commands into mtn ls or something.

Thomas.