Re: [Monotone-devel] server down?

From: Richard Levitte - VMS Whacker
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] server down?
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2005 08:05:02 +0200 (CEST)

In message <address@hidden> on Thu, 16 Jun 2005 16:54:15 -0700, Nathaniel Smith
<address@hidden> said:

njs> On Thu, Jun 16, 2005 at 12:42:22PM +0200, Peter Simons wrote:
njs> > I'm getting errors connecting to the off.net repository
njs> > since yesterday:
njs> >
njs> >   $ monotone pull
njs> >   monotone: warning: doing anonymous pull
njs> >   monotone: connecting to off.net
njs> >   monotone: network error: failed to connect: Connection refused
njs> >
njs> > Anybody knows what's wrong?
njs>
njs> Yeah, it was down after another server crash; one of these days I
njs> need to figure out why cron isn't restarting it automatically...

Hmm...

didn't someone ask about the possibility to have monotone connect to
alternate servers when the first one would fail?  Is that something
worth looking into, and should we then use it for monotone?  I'll
volunteer my server capacity.

Cheers,
Richard

-----