Re: [Monotone-devel] cvssync branch feedback

From: Lele Gaifax
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] cvssync branch feedback
Date: 25 May 2005 20:34:19 +0200

    Matt> If you are targeting monotone as the new SCM then cvssync is
    Matt> heads above tailor.py in terms of speed and correct file
    Matt> generation.

No doubt on former, given the different overall goals of the two,
but I'd like to better understand the latter.

    Matt> I got exactly what I wanted from the cvssync branch in
    Matt> almost the first try as compared to working the tailor.py
    Matt> over the course of a week to finally just give up.

I'm sad to hear that, sorry for the waste of time. Maybe I could have
been of some help, knowing that.

    Matt> Specifically, cvssync seemed to handle the use of modules
    Matt> and deleted files/directories much better than tailor.py.

Well, here I'd gladly accept some more context, and possibly some more
details on the errors you found, expecially if they are related to how
tailor failed to build up reasonable changesets from upstream CVS.

If on the contrary the problem is related to monotone support, I'm
sure somebody could be interested as well.

Thank you,
ciao, lele.
--
nickname: Lele Gaifax   | Quando vivrò di quello che ho pensato ieri
real: Emanuele Gaifas   | comincerò ad aver paura di chi mi copia.