Re: [Monotone-devel] .cvssync bug.

From: Christof Petig
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] .cvssync bug.
Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 09:58:07 +0200

Christof Petig schrieb:
>>monotone: fatal: std::logic_error: cvs_client.cc:1465: invariant
>>'I(lresult[0].second=="Clear-static-directory")' violated
>
> I tried and will fix it (today?). CVS server seem to vary greatly when
> it comes to responses ... I tried on all servers I could get my hand on ...

Well, accepting (and ignoring) 'Set-static-directory' was easy (committed).

But guessing the correct directory (and file) structure really gets hard
if you combine modules (like symbolic links across cvs modules) and
server which have different opinions on paths within different commands.

:-(

I have no bulletproof idea on how to parse the following answers of your
server into a meaningful structure:

"co -r9999 -l X/ctwm" (ask for the directory name)
=> Clear-static-directory X/ctwm/
=> /orgs/lp/free/cvs/X/ctwm/

"rlog -N -h -- X/ctwm"
=> M RCS file: /home/orgs/lp/free/cvs/X/ctwm/.cvsignore,v

So how is this file to be called in client space?

[ok, I can readd the feature of stripping arbitrary paths components off
the RCS file, but I was glad to have found a way to ask the server for
the server dir somewhat reliably (via co)]
   Christof