Re: [Monotone-devel] monotone log and other items

From: Richard Levitte - VMS Whacker
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] monotone log and other items
Date: Sat, 21 May 2005 11:50:49 +0200 (CEST)

In message <address@hidden> on Fri, 20 May 2005 10:32:44 -0400, Richard Li
<address@hidden> said:

richardl> 3. A short version of monotone log which could look something like:
richardl>
richardl> da39a3ee5e6b4b0d3255bfef95601890afd80709 address@hidden
richardl> 2005-05-20T13:55:53
richardl> c404db8bd4a1f077692d964388a92b55e5399f06 address@hidden
richardl> 2005-05-20T13:55:53

Hmm, it should be quite easy to add a --brief flag that does the right
thing.  Otherwise, you might want to look at the net.venge.monotone.format
branch (provided you follow monotone development :-)).

richardl> Bigger wish-list items
[...]
richardl>
richardl> 2. Best practices. I haven't had the opportunity to push
richardl>    monotone in a large development environment, so I don't
richardl>    have any real insight here -- but I think that there's
richardl>    room for documentation and discussion here.
richardl>     - use of branches
richardl>     - server configuration (runit?)
richardl>     - multiple databases v one database
richardl>     - etc.

A cook-book section (or maybe a separate cook-book document)?

Cheers,
Richard

-----

                                        http://richard.levitte.org/