[Monotone-devel] Whole branch disapproval

From: Zakirov, Salikh
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Whole branch disapproval
Date: Thu, 12 May 2005 15:17:26 +0400

Hi, folks!

I am using Monotone for my personal convenience, i.e. for managing private changes before they are committed to employer CVS repository.

In doing this I often create new branches just for one CVS commit.

This has a drawback of choosing new name for the branch each time.

Another common usage pattern is to try different changes, which are reflected as multiple heads in the branch.

Could anybody give me an advice on

  1. How to get rid of obsolete branches? Particularly, I’d like to see less items in ‘monotone ls branches’ and be able to reuse names for new branches.
  2. How to “disapprove” the whole branch? I have multiple heads in the branch, and I’d like to disapprove all revisions on one of the development lines since the fork.

Thanks a lot!

P.S. In order to make the collaboration bidirectional, I am attaching  lua hook I use to make monotone ignore files based on CVS .cvsignore files and Arch .arch-inventory files. (feel free to treat it as public domain)