[Monotone-devel] Re: sqlite versus metakit

From: Bruce Stephens
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Re: sqlite versus metakit
Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 00:09:23 +0100

Stanislav Karchebny <address@hidden> writes:

> Did you people consider metakit as backend storage?

Only graydon can answer that.

> I highly doubt there's a need for such cruft as SQL queries parser for a
> librarian (vcs).

So?  Would replacing sqlite with metakit have a significant benefit?

> I'm interested to spend some of my free time with playing with
> metakit support instead of sqlite. Since metakit uses nice C++, it
> should be quite easy to add support for (would be much harder to rip
> off sqliteisms :).
>
> What do you think, is it worth a shot?

I've no idea.  My guess would be that it wouldn't be worth it, but I
could well be wrong.  The trendy thing to do would be to replace
sqlite with git in some way, I suspect.  That might also be worth
considering.

[...]