Re: [Monotone-devel] monotone 0.19 - how long should a fresh pull take?

From: Joe Wilson
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] monotone 0.19 - how long should a fresh pull take?
Date: Sun, 8 May 2005 09:27:47 -0700 (PDT)

I just grabbed the pre-built version from
http://www.venge.net/monotone/downloads/monotone-0.19-setup.exe
and got these timings for a fresh monotone pull on a similar
2.0 GHz Pentium 4 Windows 2000 machine:

real    33m30.175s
user    0m0.030s
sys     0m0.031s

Which is considerably better than the 3.6 hours I experienced before.
Might I ask what compiler version, boost version and configure options
this version was built with?

>> Is there a flag to have monotone show a percentage complete progress
>> indicator for the pull operation?  I was just about to kill the 3.6 hour
>> process thinking it had died. It does not have to be 100% accurate - just
>> a rough indication of how much work is left to be done.
>
>Unfortunately, no.  It's not really possible to do this with the current
>model because the client doesn't have a way of knowing how much work is
>left to do.  There has been considerable done on improving performance
>in the last couple of releases, so hopefully the lack of a progress
>indicator will become less of an issue.

The pre-built version had some progress indicators (> < r c) that the previous
version
I built myself did not have.  I guess someone must have added them recently?

Thanks for you help.

Yahoo! Mail Mobile
http://mobile.yahoo.com/learn/mail