[Monotone-devel] 0.9 pre-release sanity check

From: graydon hoare
Subject: [Monotone-devel] 0.9 pre-release sanity check
Date: Wed, 07 Jan 2004 19:23:25 -0500

hi,

imo the 0.9 cycle is now "finished" and I'm about to post it, but oxygene suggested I ask around to see if anyone can see any totally embarassing bugs in it before I send a general (freshmeat) announcement.

quite a few changes since 0.8:

  - rewritten line merger
  - rewritten graph ancestor finder
  - generally much improved merging ability
  - support for CR/LF/CRLF line conversion
  - support for charset conversion
  - support for gettext() and .po files
  - support for system character sets in file names and argv
  - support for international domain names, group names, key names, etc
  - support for spaces, dash, comma, etc. in various places
  - support for working-copy monotonerc files
  - support for HTTP/1.1, chunked transfers, HTTP proxies
  - some crucial bug fixes, minor performance tweaks, portability fixes

so, I know this was a longer-than-normal cycle, I expect there to be lots of bugs. possibly a good amount of the charset / line ending stuff is only half working. I'm just looking for the totally embarassing "doesn't build at all" / "crashes on startup" sort of things. I've posted the snapshot here, if you have a moment tonight I'd appreciate it if you'd give it a run and see if it works ok.

      http://www.venge.net/monotone/monotone-0.9.tar.gz

-graydon