[Monotone-devel] Re: monotone ls unknown

From: Peter Simons
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Re: monotone ls unknown
Date: 16 Dec 2003 14:11:59 +0100

graydon hoare writes:

 > could you perhaps give some details on the type of host you're
 > running on, permissions in this directory, etc?

I'm running monotone on a Gentoo Linux/x86 system, using the patched
version of the 2.4.21 kernel with SELinux, PaX and ProPolice
activated. The stack protection features are disabled for monotone,
because they seem to break the LUA interpreter, among other things.
Also, I'm compiling the program with gcc version 3.3.2, using -O0 for
CFLAGS and CXXFLAGS, to avoid the bug in cryptopp.

The directory, I'm running the "ls unknown" in, has permission 755 and
is owned by my user; so are all sub-directories. The directory _does_
contain the unknown file "./foobar", and I have run monotone like
this:

    $ strace monotone ls unknown

The strace output is available at:

    http://peti.cryp.to/monotone-strace-output

I've looked through the output and it appears that monotone never even
checks for the contents of the current directory!

Anyway, I hope this helps.

Peter