monotone-debian

Re: [Monotone-debian] Monotone completely broken in Debian testing (I th

From: Ludovic Brenta
Subject: Re: [Monotone-debian] Monotone completely broken in Debian testing (I think)
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2012 10:04:54 +0200

Francis Russell wrote:
Monotone broke for me completely today [...] I guess Botan made some
incompatible ABI change. Can someone else confirm what I've seen?
[...]
What's the easiest way to get this fixed?

Request a binary-only upload of monotone.

I won't be able to work on this, even to confirm the bug, before at least
Thursday, so please go ahead: file a bug against Botan (they'll want to
know they broke ABI compatibility if they retained the same soname);
specify that the bug affects Monotone; request a BinNMU saying it will
fix the bug.

See http://wiki.debian.org/binNMU for instructions.

Thanks for the detailed report BTW.

--