mldonkey-users

[Mldonkey-users] [patch #4917] HDD space check

From: z
Subject: [Mldonkey-users] [patch #4917] HDD space check
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2006 15:43:35 +0000

Follow-up Comment #1, patch #4917 (project mldonkey):

1. If hdd_check runs every minute, won't it be flooding my mailbox if a disk
is full and all files paused? That is a lot of mail if I'm on vacation.

2.

+  if dir_full core_dir 30 then
+    begin
+      send_warning !!temp_directory "MLDonkey base directory partition full,
shutting down...";
+      CommonInteractive.clean_exit 0
+    end;

If I am moving files around in another session and my core_dir is temporarily
25 megs, why should mldonkey exit, if a minute later the files are gone and a
gig is free?  I don't think mldonkey should ever exit on its own (unless
specifically configured to do so).  I might be on vacation and want uploads
to continue -- downloading might not be important to me.  Finding the core
stopped on its own seems like a bug.

I know that you are worried about space for saving config files, but that is
why the config_files_space.tmp was used.  I don't think a timer running every
minute is as conceptually strong as having reserved space that is used at the
moment the config files need it.

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/?func=detailitem&item_id=4917>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/