mldonkey-users

[Mldonkey-users] [patch #4917] HDD space check

From: z
Subject: [Mldonkey-users] [patch #4917] HDD space check
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2006 18:28:18 +0000

Follow-up Comment #3, patch #4917 (project mldonkey):

> Having an option whether to shutdown the core if core_dir diskspace
> is too low is no problem.

If it doesn't shut down, and you also don't use the config_files_space.tmp,
what will happen to config file saving during the time the disk space is too
low to save them?

Use both? Disable config saving if disk space is too low while the core is
running, except always save at shutdown as it can then remove the c_f_s.tmp
file?

> The only idea I have is to compare total and free disk space on
> !!temp_directory and incoming directory.
> Is it save to assume that when these values match both dirs are
> on the same partition?

If you "stat" the two directories and they return the same st_dev (device #),
I think they will be on the same partition. (see "man 2 stat").

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/?func=detailitem&item_id=4917>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/