mldonkey-users

Re: [Mldonkey-users] Development?

From: Jörg Maisenbacher
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] Development?
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 15:55:12 +0200

Hy, some breaking news:
(well, not really breaking, but....)

According to the web site http://mldonkey.berlios.de/
(which is at the moment closed in protest against european software patent
laws, see http://swpat.ffii.org/ )
the developers are still working on it, but the version they currently have
is not yet fully working, so they don't want to release it yet. I guess that
they simply have not enough time to work on both versions at once.

That's quite true, there are plans for a new version, but mldonkey (b8_bavard on IRC) is away until 3 sept, and Simon (the one from Changelog) is in family atm ;-) Nevertheless there are plans for a new release (including a new gui). There are some people out there testing this new version already (including me). So it has reached some kind of stable-state, yet i don't know wether it will be released in the devel-branch or as new stable. But without devels beeing present, We see no sense in releasing a new version (b8_bavard suggested this, before he went on travel). So the world will have to wait until he is back and/or Simon is back on stage....

Dek
--
Dek <address@hidden>
   "There are only 10 types of people in the world: