mldonkey-users

Re: [Mldonkey-users] Idea

From: Goswin Brederlow
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] Idea
Date: 15 Jan 2003 09:51:35 +0100

Marcus Pillekamp <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I have an idea for a feature:
>
> What about after having something that shows you that you should leave your
> downloaded files in your share after completion?
> I mean, if the file is widely spread, it is better to share the rare ones and
> you don't have so many files in the share.  Could be an entry in the
> completion-field which rates the file ( ++ remove the file, + maybe better
> leave it in share, - not well spread file, but nobodys asking about it, --
> should be left in share). What are your thoughts? Should not very difficult
> to include,eh?

I would like a cache of chunks to be shared. Each chunk thats
downloaded should be shared at least once and not more often than
others. mldonkey could keep a number of chunks in a cache file and
priotize on sharing those. Old chunks would be removed when a new one
comes in. Which chunk gets removed could be decided primarily on the
time its shared but also on the demand for the chunk.

Alternatively I would like an option that shares each block of a
shared file <x> times and then unshares it.

MfG
        Goswin