mldonkey-users

[Mldonkey-users] Re: Why do i have a LOWID?

From: Sven Hartge
Subject: [Mldonkey-users] Re: Why do i have a LOWID?
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2003 14:28:33 +0100

axzv 59 <address@hidden> wrote:

> It seems i have a lowid, because i often obtain this message from
> servers :

> "ERROR: Your port 4662 is not reachable. You have a LOWID, look
> http://www.edonkey2000.com/documentation/lowid.html !  Please correct
> your network config"

THe server connects to your port 4662 to test if there really is a
donkey running. Sometimes this fails, because your mldonkey is
overloaded or the line is full. Just activate the "Force High ID" option
and be done.

> I put "mldonkey 4662/tcp" and "mldonkey 4662/udp" in
> my "/etc/services" file. Is it correct?

This is correct, but not needed.

> I don't feel my download rates are bad but perhaps they could be
> better? for example for the file X, i have "193 good sources (96.02
> %)" with a dl rate at about 1.5kB/s .

Well, for a modem, this would be okay, for a 2mbit E1 clearly not, but
you did not tell anything about your lines abilities, so no one can
judge.

> For the file Y, i have "201 good sources (100.00%)". It seems my dl
> rates are better since i check the option "Auto max sources per
> downloads", instead of having the default "hard 500".

Of course, more bandwidth for downloads, less for network overhead.

S°

--
Fachbegriffe der Informatik - Einfach erklärt
171: PMPO