mldonkey-users

Re: [Mldonkey-users] md4 computing (was: Re: eMule Mod to emulate mldonk

From: MLdonkey
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] md4 computing (was: Re: eMule Mod to emulate mldonkey)
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2003 13:10:10 +0100

>  I asked this once or twice before. Why is it necessary to compute the
>  md4s on each startup? Is it just for verifying?

mldonkey keeps the md4s of file with their associated modification
timestamp, so that it only recomputes md4s when files have been
modified. This scheme works well with the shared files, not with the
files being downloaded, since the modification timestamp keeps
increasing. It would be a bit more complicated to save the last
modification timestamp and the partial chunks md4 when mldonkey exits,
but it could be done...

- MLDonkey