mit-scheme-users

[MIT-Scheme-users] Accessing the edwin debugger within emacs

From: Aaron Maxwell
Subject: [MIT-Scheme-users] Accessing the edwin debugger within emacs
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 08:52:40 -0700

Hi,

I'm running MIT scheme as an inferior process within gnu emacs 22.  I'm trying
to access the interactive debugger that Edwin provides as well, without
success so far.  In edwin, the debugger is launched via the command
inferior-repl-debug, and in my installation is defined in a band file, which
I supply to the scheme proces

In gnumacs, the inferior scheme process is launched through the "mechanics"
command, defined in my .emacs like so: (the argument to run-scheme is one
long string - I broke it up into several lines here for clarity)

(defun mechanics ()
  (interactive)
  (run-scheme "/home/amax/opt/scmutils/mit-scheme/bin/scheme
    --band /home/amax/opt/scmutils/mit-scheme/lib/edwin-mechanics.com
    --heap  6000
    --library /home/amax/opt/scmutils/mit-scheme/lib"))

(It's called "mechanics" because I'm running it as part of the SCMUtils system
[1], but that is a side point.  The band file is edwin-mechanics.com.)

So my question boils down to:  if I launch MIT scheme as an inferior scheme
process to Gnu Emacs, how can I make functions defined in a band file
accessible through emacs?

Thanks in advance.

[1] http://www-swiss.ai.mit.edu/~gjs/6946/linux-install.htm
A companion to http://mitpress.mit.edu/SICM/ .
--
Aaron Maxwell
http://redsymbol.net

Business Owners and Self-Employed:  You're NOT Alone!
The Business Butler - http://businessbutler.us