Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Question on cross-compiling boost context lib

From: Jack Kumba
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Question on cross-compiling boost context library
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2017 13:44:15 +0100

Hi,

After instaling mxe, I'm asked to the following:

In case you are using custom $PKG_CONFIG_PATH entries, you can add separate entries for cross builds:

export PKG_CONFIG_PATH="entries for native builds"
export PKG_CONFIG_PATH_i686_w64_mingw32_static="entries for MXE builds"

now I'm curious about what to specify in those two entries?
where is the directory or directories of my native builds and of my MXE builds?

Thanks,
Jack

On Fri, Feb 3, 2017 at 4:56 PM, Tony Theodore <address@hidden> wrote:

> On 4 Feb 2017, at 00:59, Jack Kumba <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> So you're saying that what mxe builds, libboost_context.a, is not good?

Mmmm, no. I’m saying the opposite - boost.context in mxe is at parity with
linux for the tests I can reproduce.

Note that mxe does not build `libboost_context.a`, it builds `libboost_context-mt.a`.

Seriously, just get a working mxe first.