Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Building x86_64 binaries for Windows

From: Tony Theodore
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Building x86_64 binaries for Windows
Date: Sat, 5 Jan 2013 19:41:32 +1100

On 03/01/2013, at 10:16 AM, William <address@hidden> wrote:

> Also, I know this is old debate, why not switch to mingw-w64 ?

Hi William,

There are:

$ grep -l 'BUILD.*w64-mingw32 =$' src/*.mk | wc -l
      48

excluded mingw-w64 packages, we couldn't switch entirely over until those are
all building flawlessly. Most of the ocaml-* packages won't build for me
(ocaml-native does, but I've excluded it since it takes a long time to build
and it's dependents need some work). Can you take a look at updating these
(there's a new version 4.00.1) and getting them to work with mingw-w64? Use
either of the experimental branches [1][2], any package build rules that change
will be equally applicable no matter how we proceed with the multi-target
approach.

Another thing that would greatly help any new targets being supported is test
programs - a passing build doesn't mean that packages are actually working
correctly.

Thanks,

Tony

[1] https://github.com/tonytheodore/mxe/tree/multi-target